Wednesday, December 1, 2010

fire sermon

I once met a man who died.


With one look of His eyes, I think that I love Him.


"What does it mean to live?" I ask Him when He tells me that He is going to die.


"To walk the path of God," He says.


"And the meaning of Death?" I ask.


"To live forever."


I laugh at him.


But He smiles for me, and I feel ashamed. [And I feel happy]


"How should I live?"


"You must kill the you that is killing yourself. But that is the you that will kill me."


And with that look in his eyes, I know I hate Him.


"I don't know you," I say.


"Then you will die." And I see that He is sad. "But this is why I must die."


"But you don't know me." He looks at me quietly, and I realized that it was a lie.


"I'll come to see you again," He says [as He is about to die]. "And then you'll really live."


It feels so wrong. And yet I know it's so right.


But my heart is hard, and I turn away as the sparks fly up.


But I know when I see Him again


things will be different.